Web Application Developer
Creative professional with six years of experience in frontend web application development. Equally adept as an individual contributor and team player, partnering with technical and non-technical groups ranging from marketing to engineering to discuss ideas and resolve issues. Focus on performance and user experience, introducing new features, capabilities, and solutions based on changing needs. Continuously learn and apply new, emerging technologies to drive usability and compatibility. Offer experience with web 2.0 technologies, mobile functionality enhancements, widgets, and plugins.
- Shell Scripting
- Flash / AS3
- Web 2.0
- Adobe CS5
- Apache Configuration
- Server OS Installation
Apple Cupertino, CAWeb Developer - Front-end 2013 - Present
Worked with 200+ teams to develop and maintain and bring improved web efficiency to web applications for the Apple community. Worked with Web Designers to take PSD layouts and comps and convert them into functioning applications.
- Worked with Concierge backend development team to fix and update existing UI code in the Apple Concierge Mobile Web App. This included fixing known bugs through the use of a custom bug tracking system, modifying existing code and extending custom libraries to add additional functionality which improve the efficiency and ease of use for Apple sales associates when using this app to help their customers.
- Worked on various projects, including MyStore and MyMessage, to create, enhance and fix content issues.
- Developed and/or tested in a Linux environment which included setting up and running Apache/Tomcat/JBoss servers while pulling code from SVN.
VMware Palo Alto, CAWeb Applications Developer 2007 - 2013
Appointed as sole frontend developer for VMware.com, interfacing with marketing and web producers to ensure consistency across supported browsers, including Internet Explorer 6-9, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. Teamed with marketing to create and plan for mobile functionality enhancements on VMware.com. Maintained projects in Perforce and Interwoven Teamsite.
- Partnered with marketing to integrate third-party HTML templates into Interwoven’s content management system; introduced CSS/HTML modifications, created custom jQuery plugin functionality, and modularized content via XSL.
- Developed and/or contributed to key high-traffic pages, including VMware Executive Leadership, VMware Careers, Contact Us, Support & Download, VMware Products, and Megamenu dropdown.
- Implemented 2.0 functionality into VMware.com, including Geo-Location Selector popup, level-two page Carousel Promo ads, and Shadowbox (lightbox) effects on videos, images, and content forms.
- Contributed to installing analytical tracking tools via services such as Google Analytics and Sitecatalyst.
- Incorporated social media widgets, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, into marketing projects.
- Implemented video players using Flash ActionScript to display promotional/training videos on VMware.com.
Xerox Palo Alto, CASolutions Engineer 2005 - 2006
Managed DocuShare OnDemand websites in US and New Zealand, closely interfacing with data center to ensure ongoing service availability for customers. Maintained demo environment with four Red Hat/Windows 2003 servers to support sales team in delivering field presentations to potential customers.
- Served as liaison between sales and engineering to discuss and share ideas for increasing DocuShare’s scalability.
- Delivered web services support for docushareondemand.com and other Xerox websites to improve user interaction and reduce customer support call volume.
- Collaborated with QA team to set up test environments running Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, and DocuShare to reproduce and resolve user issues.
- Managed DocuShare OnDemand for both US and New Zealand sites and worked with Datacenter as the first point of contact to insure services were available to customers.
- Supported other departments in web and programming services to save time for engineering team.
- Certificate in Web Development – De Anza College
- College Studies in Computer Science – Foothill College